Job Role Insights
Dar es Salaam
3 - 5 Years
We are looking to recruit a quality Warehouse Supervisor to monitor the Nestle regional daily warehouse activities. As the Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for directing the actions of warehouse team members who perform receiving, storage and shipping functions in support of plant production operations. Performs the functions required to lead a warehouse safely and efficiently. This position must be flexible where changing business needs are concerned and must possess the communication skills necessary to be an effective leader. The Supervisor's responsibilities encompass all aspects of the Customer Service and Warehouse functions and include daily interaction with external, as well as internal, customers. The Warehouse Supervisor must ensure the highest levels of safety, accuracy, quality, and efficiency while working within the prescribed Nestle culture and philosophies. You will be responsible for creating and promoting a safe and effective work environment that allows the warehouse, as well as all support teams (i.e., logistics, product supply, inventory control, customer service, etc.) to achieve success in delighting their customers and contributing to the improvement in NDSD's gross margin return on sales. This role requires proven leadership skills, experience in developing teams and individuals, continuous improvement of processes and, consistent achievement of performance results. Experience with customer service, expense control and capital/asset management is also preferred. At Nestlé, we believe in the power of food to enhance quality of life for everyone. Guided by this purpose, we constantly aim to push the boundaries of what's possible with food, beverages, and nutritional health solutions. Our people make this possible. They are behind the strength of our brands, the quality of our products and the future of our business. Their ideas and efforts push our boundaries, drive innovation and help us to continually improve, deliver and succeed. You also become part of a Nestlé culture that is rooted in respect, empowered to experiment and to learn from failure. If you have a passion for people, a desire to problem-solve, and eagerness to pursue continuous improvement opportunities, We look forward to exploring career possibilities with you!
- Lead and motivate a team of warehouse employees.
- Develop and work within the warehouse budget of controllable expenses(i.e. labor, supplies, repairs, freight lanes and material damages) to achieve operational goals.
- Lead in a way that encourages engagement and develops the Nestle Continuous Excellence model (Nestlé's continuous process that encompasses LEAN, Six Sigma, TPM principles).
- Provide effective training and motivation as well as consistent performance feedback to warehouse employees.
- Facilitate team meetings and operational reviews. Encourage and facilitate team decision making and coach teams in the ways of consensus building and information sharing.
- Facilitate regular one-on-one meetings with each employee to discuss and determine career paths, and performance. Ensure follow-up of all relevant points.
- Support and drive Teams/Business Unit by setting goals and implementing action plans to reach those goals. Ensure Team input in goal-setting strategies and attainment plans.
- Provide and discuss daily/weekly/monthly performance results through our operational review process.
- Manage staffing by both the most cost effective and performance efficient means possible.
- Stay in sync with and ensure all company safety policies and procedures are being followed by teams. Lead by example.
- Take an active role to ensure personal safety and the safety of others is never compromised through participation with the RDC Safety Team and other safety related initiatives and programs.
- Ensure teams are working within the guidelines of the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's) and Food Safety program.
- Complete and document all food safety and quality checks as required by our various quality programs and standards.
- Actively participate in preventing and correcting quality related errors.
- Lead, communicate, and interact with others in a manner consistent with the company's management philosophy and culture. Model and coach appropriate interactive skills.
- Ensure and support facility and department guidelines, processes, and SOP's balancing both business needs and Team Member needs.
- Actively participate in committees and task forces.
- Provide day-to-day communication and supporting both internal and external customers.
- Ensure cross-functional communication and training to promote and establish Team Member growth.
- Possess excellent initiative and ability to multi-task.
- Must be comfortable with computer-based systems and programs and RF functionality.
- Understand staffing models in relation to volume and throughput.
- Research and implement various projects and/or initiatives related to the Business Unit.
Job essentials / attributes:
- Adaptable: Adjust approach to match varied task requirements; adjust behavior to others' styles. Change priorities to meet changing demands. Adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks.
- Change and Innovation: Embrace change as an opportunity, not a problem. Develop and encourage entrepreneurial or non- traditional solutions within the team. Tolerate ambiguity and stress.
- Communication: Coordinate the communication, ensure understanding, and comprehend communication from others.
- Planning and Organization: Prioritize activities and assignments. Determine tasks and resources and schedule appropriate amounts of time for completing work. Utilize resources.
- Building a Successful Team: Develop team structure, facilitate goal accomplishment and involve others. Track, communicate and perform against the department's critical metrics and standard methodologies within your shift and in alignment with the other department's teams.
- Build Strategic Working Relationships: Seek opportunities, clarify the current situation, and develop your own ideas as well as the ideas of your team. Facilitate agreement.
- Building Partnerships/Collaboration: Identify and explore partnership opportunities. Formulate action plans. Manage and work cross-functionally with other departments and sites.
- Minimum Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain management or relevant field preferred.
- 3+ years of warehouse management experience in a manufacturing, warehouse, logistics, transportation, military, or related environment
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Must be willing to travel 10% of the time.
- Excellent communication, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Leading people to develop analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to create an empowered workforce
- Able to track performance and align against goals.
- Able to collect value-added data through systems and reports.
- Proficient with computers, including experience with Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and scheduling and planning tools.
Nestlé has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We value each other's differences while recognizing individual strength. Nestlé never forget that you make us who we are; we work hard to make sure a career with Nestlé is as satisfying and successful as it can be. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays. Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. If you would like to be considered for this elite organization, please submit your recent Resume/CV and Cover letter immediately.
Interested in this job?
21 days left to apply