Job Role Insights
Dar es Salaam
Bachelor Degree Degree
3 - 5 Years
• Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities.
• Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
• Plan freight movement of imported cargo
• Coordinate the freight movement and customs clearance
• Ensure the import team is aware of daily tasks and reporting
• Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
• Ordering supplies and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
• Checking orders, bills, items received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
• Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
• Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
• Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
• Coordinating and maintaining fleets and equipment.
• Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
• Perform any other tasks as may be required by the Head of Operations and/or Directors.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in port, customs and import regulations in Tanzania
- High school, tertiary education in logistics/shipping an advantage
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience
- Previous experience in supervisory position
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
- Ability to work effectively with different cultures.
- Strong personality and communication skills to execute tasks within a required time
- Strong communication and administration skills.
- Self-motivation, leadership and management skills
- Ability to use electronic office software, word, excel, email
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply