Job Role Insights
Dar es Salaam
1 - 2 Years
- Calculate and administer payroll, benefits, and associated Tanzanian taxes and social costs for SI staff.
- Prepare proper monthly presentation to all government institutions that relates to taxes, social security, etc.
- Support the program’s administration and preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Conduct regular accounting activities and ensure proper accounting processes and procedures.
- Ensure funds expended are compliant with USG regulations and policies.
- Track and prepare routine and ad hoc payments, accurately organizing supporting documentation and maintaining digital supporting files.
- Complete monthly project office expense report to include bank and tax reconciliation and recording payments and payroll calculations.
- Prepare monthly cash advance requests.
- Assist with fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are applied effectively to support the implementation of the award.
- Support SI T-MELA staff with human resources tracking and maintenance of updated policies and procedures documentation.
- Support recruitment of consultants under Tasks 2 and 3 by acting as main candidate point of contact, scheduling interviews and collecting documentation.
- Provide oversight on onboarding local consultants and mobilizing them for activities.
- Support logistics of evaluations and CLA events, coordinating travel mobilization, scheduling, transportation, and assisting with travel-related expense reports.
- Other operational tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
- 2+ years of experience managing, in roles of increasing responsibility in payroll processing, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics, and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value.
- Knowledge of accounting principles is a must.
- Knowledge of local labor laws and tax withholding calculations is a must.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
- Strongly preferred:
- Experience working on USAID-funded activities.
- Knowledge of USAID financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Prior experience in managing donor-funded procurement.
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply