Job Role Insights
Dar es Salaam
Bachelor Degree Master’s Degree
5 - 10+ Years
URGENT OPENING FOR AUDIT ASSURANCE MANAGER IN TANZANIA
Career Options Africa Group is a HR Consultancy firm specialized in Recruitment, HR outsourcing and Immigration support in Africa with offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Burundi, Nigeria, South Africa and South Sudan.
Our client a reputable international business advisory seeks to feel the above position.
The Audit assurance Manager’s role is ensuring the success of an organization and bridging the gap between the board of directors and the corporate management team.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Carry out clients’ quality audit and other assurance services in multiple sectors
- Independently execute the audit process from planning, fieldwork to completion
- Document clients’ systems of internal controls, identify specific risks, and develop work programs to test internal controls and address the risks
- Prepare all necessary audit working papers and documentation for all audit assignments and update the audit working tool
- Interact with clients to ensure that the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to managers and partners
- Supervise, coach, train and develop Associates, Interns & Trainees
- Prepare financial statements that are consistent with applicable financial reporting framework
- Prepare management letters for audit assignments
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Update timesheets for all tasks assigned.
- Any other duties as seen applicable by the employer.
- At least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. A master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- An NBAA recognized accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA).
- Comprehensive understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Auditing Standards.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, with 3 years or more in a managerial role, in external audit post-qualification with a highly reputable Auditing Firm.
Detailed Job Description:
- Readily support the Partner on the delivery of selected audit engagements besides managing the execution of the approved deliverables.
- Take lead in the planning and review of audit engagements fitting to client companies, prepared by the team, with the aim of assessing whether the planned audits will gather adequate and correct evidence.
- Acquire satisfactory and fitting audit evidence, meet the relevant audit objectives as well as show how it relates to the rest of the audit, with the practical aim of demonstrating an understanding of basic auditing skills.
- Take charge of work in progress on engagements in addition to making sure billings are timely done and collections followed through.
- Document the outcomes of audit work, together with design and execution of controls, consistent with the requirements of company Audit Methodology, and where applicable, regulatory requirements, using applicable IT systems and tools.
- Leverage thorough understanding of audit and risk advisory services and stakeholder requirements to deliver top quality engagements.
- Spot out audit differences and concerns and escalate as applicable.
- Evaluate the adequacy and correctness of evidence and conclusions reached on an audit by reviewing the working papers of subordinates and take part in the assessment of issues raised in collaboration with the partner.
- Execute risk assessment procedures to provide a foundation for the identification and assessments of risk of material misstatement.
- Support in the preparation of proposals or tenders and presentations on request.
- Create innovative solutions on projects or engagements in partnership with team members to boost or renew service offerings to clients.
- Comply with regulatory requirements by completing sign off and relevant checklist procedures.
- Gross Salary per month: Negotiable
Job Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Contract Period: 2 years with possibility of renewal based on satisfactory performance.
- Accommodation, Transportation, Medical Insurance, Joining Ticket, Return Ticket after successful completion of one year of service for annual leave, Visa & Resident Permit:
- Will be provided by client.
- Working hours/days: Monday to Friday, 08:00 am to 06:00 pm with one hour lunch break. Off on weekends
- Eligible Nationalities: Kenyans only
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING THE RIGHT PERSON
We are offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Send CV only to email@example.com by 14th November 2023 subject heading, as AUDIT ASSURANCE MANAGER IN TANZANIA. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and qualified candidates called for an interview as soon as their CVs are received. Kindly indicate current, last, or expected salary in the CV.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Interested in this job?
1 days left to apply