Job Role Insights
3 - 5 Years
Build and generate high-quality evidence-based documentation (20%)
- Collaborate with relevant colleagues to plan, coordinate and develop original communications materials and publications for grant-acquisition, for special initiatives and events, to showcase best practices and programs
- Develop content and review and edit drafts of diverse publications, prepare information brochures and factsheets; draft articles and re-package reports to communicate the achievements of major initiatives for distribution to partners, donors, prospects, and the general public. Also, draft speeches, position papers and the flagship annual reports
- Produce transformational stories of project activities as per SO request and for use for internal and external platforms such as wvi.org/Tanzania, newsletter, intranet and where appropriate social media, blogs, twitter in addition, take photos of project activities
Built and generated high-quality evidence-based documentation for impact.
Communications strategy planning and execution (15%)
- Develop a communications and marketing strategy that will guide World Vision Tanzania in its external relations and internal communications
- Develop and deliver the communications department annual operating plan
- Coordinate planning, budgets and M&E of core communication areas
Communications strategy in place guiding implementation, monitoring and evaluations.
Organizational visibility, media relations (15%)
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with media at all levels to engage more effectively on issues of children and their development
- Ensure development of advocacy-oriented communications to support advocacy campaigns, increase public discussion and fund-raising initiatives
Increased visibility, strategic relationships established and strengthened.
Capacity building of non-communicators (15%)
- Build capacity on communications of WVT grant projects non-communicators (on documentation and success story telling of the projects)
- Provide orientation on child protection communications standards
More Communication champions in every cluster identified, empowered and more stories for impact are documented and shared timely.
Emergency communications (10%)
- Plan and manage communications responses in both slow and rapid-onset emergency disaster/relief situations ensuring that the region is provided with quality stories, photos and media interviews from the field
Timeliness with accuracy in all communication resources produced impacting and empowering communities.
Manage staff and the Communications department (10%)
- Manage team members, facilitate optimum performance and provide a motivating and supportive environment to the team
- Be responsible for planning, budgeting, and reporting around communications
Communications team delivering results.
Ensure brand visibility and enforce quality and standards (10%)
- Ensure consistency and compliance with WVT branding guidelines for all project related communication materials and products Grow reputation risk awareness within WVTZ. Protect the organizations brand reputation
WVT is precisely well known within and outside of Tanzania.
Respond to any secondary duties from the immediate supervisor as well as the National Director (5%)
KNOWLEDGE/ QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Science, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Business Administration, or a related field will be regarded.
- Master's in communication, journalism, development or corporate communication/public relations. Marketing course would be an added advantage.
- 5 to 7 years' work experience. Proven track record in the effective use of communication strategies, marketing and communications for fund-raising
- A least two years’ experience working within an INGO or other humanitarian organization.
- Experience in working with children living in refugee camps or similar environment.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of oral and written communications and
- interpersonal relations skills in order to determine the most effective communications and presentation materials.
- Professional level skills in publications development with writing and editing experience preferably with a non-profit organization.
- Skill in writing for a variety of audiences. Skill in writing and editing news and feature articles. Ability to
- Write/edit in a variety of writing styles, ability to draft materials on a wide range of topics. Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity of fund-raising techniques including, proposal writing and public relations
- The ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into language easily comprehensible for external engagement.
- Proven ability to manage and grow a team.
- Photographic and video skills also preferred.
- Solid knowledge in Microsoft Office, social media channels and all public engagement management tools and techniques
- High level of confidence and confidentiality
- Ability to perform constructive public engagement activities as per WV policies.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time. On call: 5%
- Ability to inspire across a wide range of audiences and to communicate effectively.
- Highly effective people management skills.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all staff and other key partners. Demonstrate leadership and team-building ability.
- Ability to teach others.
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English as well as Swahili language.
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organization
- Develop the Organization
- for the Future
Interested in this job?
15 days left to apply