Job Role Insights
Dar es Salaam
5 - 10+ Years
Are you a dynamic and results-oriented professional with a passion for driving business growth and delivering exceptional customer service? We are seeking a highly motivated Branch Manager to join our team and take charge of our branch's retail business performance. As the Branch Manager, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing customer service, increasing branch productivity, and fostering customer loyalty. Your primary responsibility will be to generate growth through effective customer relationship management and sales strategies to achieve the branch's business targets.
- Drive business growth by marketing bank products and building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Set and monitor performance targets for the branch business team to ensure the achievement of annual business goals.
- Collaborate and coordinate the development and implementation of sales initiatives.
- Manage the branch's low-cost deposit and asset portfolio and cross-sell bank products.
- Conduct market intelligence to identify new market trends and customer opportunities.
- Work on reducing dormancy accounts.
- Enhance customer service at the branch level by monitoring customer complaints and transactions.
- Meet regularly with high-net-worth clients to maintain personalized relations.
- Contribute to branch business targets by ensuring strict adherence to turnaround time (TAT) standards and high-level service delivery.
- Respond promptly to customer queries and engage with customers to build strong bonds and loyalty.
- Assist in the development and promotion of new bank products.
- Ensure strict adherence to all branch control processes and procedures.
- Ensure timely submission of various reports, including business reports and call reports.
- Monitor the maturity of fixed deposits and manage existing term deposits to minimize attrition.
- Recruit new corporate customers.
- Manage corporate customer relationships through regular contact and calls.
- Identify and develop the target pipeline and aggressively market corporate business with an emphasis on fee income generation, lending, and trade finance.
- Present preliminary analysis, findings, and recommendations on borrower's ability to repay and financing adequacy.
- Monitor excess drawings and loan installments in arrears to maintain asset quality.
- Coordinate with credit, legal, and corporate departments to process files and meet customer expectations.
Risk Management and Compliance:
- Ensure strict adherence to KYC & AML processes for new business.
- Coordinate the review of branch risk control self-assessments and maintain risk procedures and systems.
- Ensure compliance with relevant banking laws, regulations, systems, and procedures.
- Promote a risk management culture.
Learning, Growth, and People Management:
- Build and develop a high-performing and motivated team committed to achieving success.
- Provide leadership to branch staff through training and guidance.
- Ensure a conducive working environment for maximum productivity.
- Achieve set learning/training targets.
- Oversee staff management, including leave, training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Implement board/management directives effectively and timely
- Support the preparation of branch-related budgets.
- Attend to audit queries related to branch business.
- Liaise with other departments in the bank for efficient administration.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Business development
- Marketing skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
Academic / Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, economics, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Master's degree will be an added advantage.
Working Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in branch banking with extensive knowledge in sales and customer experience.
Interested in this job?
18 days left to apply