Job Role Insights
Dar es Salaam
1 - 2 Years
Career Options Africa Group is a HR Consultancy firm specialized in Recruitment, HR outsourcing and Immigration support in Africa with offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Burundi, Nigeria, South Africa and South Sudan.
Audit Senior’s role is the same as Audit Associate but covers a broader area, including more
complex assignments, a more extensive review function, and supervision of more than one
engagement simultaneously. Accordingly, Senior Audit Associate may also be given
responsibilities of Assistant Audit Manager / Audit Manager.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Carry out clients’ quality audit and other assurance services in multiple sectors
- Independently execute the audit process from planning, fieldwork to completion
- Document clients’ systems of internal controls, identify specific risks, and develop work programs to test internal controls and address the risks
- Prepare all necessary audit working papers and documentation for all audit assignments and update the audit working tool
- Interact with clients to ensure that the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient
- Identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to managers and partners
- Supervise, coach, train and develop Associates, Interns & Trainees
- Prepare financial statements that are consistent with applicable financial reporting framework
- Prepare management letters for audit assignments
- Identify performance improvement opportunities
- Update timesheets for all tasks assigned.
- Any other duties as seen applicable by the employer.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, commerce or equivalent from a recognized university
- One or more relevant professional accounting certifications (CPA/ACCA)
- Possession of a master’s degree is an added advantage.
- More than 1 year work experience as an external auditor at an Audit Assurance & Advisory firm
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting and audit standards
- Proficiency in Audit tools and Microsoft Office software programs (Excel spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must have excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to train team members and do presentations.
- Contract Period - 3 Months’ Probation, then contract will be renewed annually.
- The company will provide Medical Insurance
- Working hours/days: Monday to Friday, 08:00 am to 06:00 pm with one hour lunch break. Off on weekends
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING THE RIGHT PERSON
We are offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Send CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th November 2023 subject heading, as SENIOR AUDITOR-TANZANIA. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and qualified candidates called for an interview as soon as their CVs are received. Kindly indicate current, last, or expected salary in the CV.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Interested in this job?
1 days left to apply