Job Role Insights
Dar es Salaam
3 - 5 Years
The Internal Auditor will be responsible for the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects.
- Plan and execute risk-based financial, operational and compliance audit testing against detailed plan and audit program.
- Develop a good rapport and solid business relationships with business unit personnel to ensure understanding and acceptance of internal audit requirements, approach and reporting methods.
- Identify, develop, and document audit issues and recommendations using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Provide insightful results through audit reporting process.
- Incorporate the use of data analytics within the audit approach to increase the extent of assurance, quality of insight, and efficiency of our audits. Recommend and implement ideas for improving the Internal Audit Department.
- Manage audits and team members when assigned as team leader on the audit.
- Assist in special projects and investigations when the need arise.
- Financial Services Regulations - Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to the wider Internal Audit team
- Keep abreast of latest technology in the field of internal audit.
- Assist with quality control in internal audit and compliance to month-end procedural requirements, e.g. Audit action tracking
- Be the Vodacom Group Internal Audit liaison and lead in the development of Financial Services audit best practices.
- Maintains solid relationships with Financial Services Partners (audit teams, auditees, management, external advisors etc.) across the organisation to understand issues and identify areas in the control environment for improvement.
Quaification & Experience, Competencies, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree in at least one of the following: Finance, Accounting, IT or equivalent;
- CIA, ACA/CIMA/ACCA/MBA/Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA) - Essential
- Experience in auditing in a telecommunications industry - Advantage.
- Working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements.
- At least 3 – 5 years internal/external auditing experience
- Experience in financial services and working with the central banks and other relevant institutions etc.
- Excellent English communication, report writing, presentation, negotiation and conflict management skills to interact effectively with senior management
- Experience in data analytics (scoping, delivering and/or consuming) e.g. in tools such as PowerBI or QlikSense.
- Experience in Internal Controls Systems and Standards as well as Risk Assessment
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply